December 26, 2011

Your Turn

One of the aspects of this project that I enjoyed most was that I got to work and hang out with many of you in a way I hadn't before. I had a great time with you, and learned a tremendous amount; thank you!

Now I invite you to share your experiences. Please us, what was it like for you? What did you enjoy?

Some of you who worked on the production have told me of surprising or interesting stories or observations.

Did you get to know someone better? Were there any challenges, pleasures, or memorable moments? What improvements would you suggest? Do you foresee any effects in the future?

If you enjoy writing, you can email me at carolyn (a) c-cyte dot com, or just comment on this post.

Alternatively, if you'd rather talk about it, I could do a video interview of you, or record an AIM or Skype video chat.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer other means of expression, I invite you to please create it and contact me re- sharing it.
Here's one detail I learned after the event that was a surprise to me: it turns out the date of the wedding/performance/screenings was the anniversary of the signing of the US Constitution. If you heard or have read the ceremony text, you'll understand how appropriate that was.

(Photo above left by Carolyn McWeeney, adjusted by moi.)

4 comments:

  1. I'll start this off by sharing a story one of the Ministers of Guidance told me (I hope she'll tell it herself; if she does, I'll delete this). She said that, although the method for donning a veil was pretty simple and she'd kind of assumed people would get the hang of it and veil themselves, they seemed to prefer to be veiled by someone else.

    This seems kind of sweet, for starters . . . and I think it could be read in a lot of interesting ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Art Wedding of 2011! I enjoyed being a Minister of Guidance, though not the one mentioned in c's comment. What fun to see the white outfits guests chose to wear, especially the guys in wedding dresses! The vows were artful legalese and Tom Sale was quite eloquent. Can hardly wait for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a personal note. The blue building at the site previously housed the 2010 "Sustenance" exhibition, which included an "ART WORK" installation I assembled from materials from the "Non-Profit Margin" exhibition earlier that year. The materials were leaked on and ruined before the Sustenance show came down, and the building owner told me not to bother carting them off. So they showed up in some of the photos taken during the wedding, which I have to say seemed to me pleasingly fitting: http://www.c-cyte.com/The_Wedding_Project/Photos_of_the_Event/source/76.html .

    ReplyDelete